- 1 Fortean Times #175 (October 2003)
- 2 Features
- 3 Forum
- 4 Reports
- 5 Strange Days
- 6 Regulars
- 7 Reader Info
- 8 Masthead
Fortean Times #175 (October 2003)
- A better quality of scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 23 Aug 2003
- Cover price: £3.20
- US Edition is dated November 2003 with a cover price of $7.25 USA (CAN $7.50)
- Cover: Interfoto-Archiv/UFO: Alex Tomlinson/Image manipulation: Etienne Gilfillan
- 30 Himmler's Crusade - the 1938 SS Expedition to Tibet
- 48 The Spear of Destiny - From Jesus to Hitler
- 76 Holy Fire! - Miracles at the Tomb of Christ
30 Himmler's Crusade
What were a group of SS scientists doing in Tibet in 1938? Christopher Hale tells the story of the Nazis' quest for an Aryan Master Race.
42 Nazi UFOs (Cover Story)
Could Germany have won the Second World War with flying saucer technology? Kevin McClure examines a persistent, and dangerous, myth.
48 The Spear Carriers
Why did Adolf Hitler have an ancient religious artefact taken from a Viennese museum to an underground Nuremberg bunker? Roy Bainton follows the tangled history of the Spear of Destiny.
55 Starchild: Another View - If it's not an alien or a deformed child, what is it?
56 Doubly Damned - A pair of letters throws new light on Fort's work.
58 Lost Ark - The real identity of Chile's recent mystery globster.
40 Fortean Bureau of Investigation - No 53. The Trickster: George P Hansen interviewed
76 Fortean Traveller - No 25. Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem - Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Return of the horse rippers, Filipino mud-fest, Rendlesham prankster, aquatic ape theory, Yeren urine, elephants rescue antelopes and more...
- 05 Extra Extra
- 11 Fortean Follow-ups
- 12 For all the Saints
- 14 UFOlogy
- 16 Classical Corner
- 17 The Heirophant
- 17 Konspiracy Korner
- 18 Science
- 22 Archaeology
- 26 Alien Zoo
- 28 Mythconceptions
- 29 Strange Deaths
- 02 Aryan notions
- 61 Books
- 66 Film & DVD
- 67 Games
It Happened to Me
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
Coming Next Month
- Who killed JFK? - 40 years on, we reveal the answer...
- Posadas and the UFOs - A Latin American Trotskyite saucer cult
- The dowsing detectives - Paranormal policing in war-time Britain
- Fortean Times Issue 176 on sale 20 Sep 2003
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Junior Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Picture Researcher - Winnie Liesenfeld
- Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Contributing Editor - Ian Simmons
- Contributing Editor - Joe McNally
- Contributing Editor - Mark Pilkington
- Website - Alistair Strachan
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson