- 1 Fortean Times #176 (November 2003)
- 2 Features
- 3 Forum
- 4 Reports
- 5 Strange Days
- 6 Regulars
- 7 Reader Info
- 8 Masthead
Fortean Times #176 (November 2003)
- A better quality of scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 20 Sep 2003
- Cover price: £3.20
- US Edition is dated December 2003 with a cover price of $7.25 USA (CAN $7.50)
- Cover: Corbis
- 40 Trots in Space! - Taking the Revolution off-world
- 20 The Saucer and the Stones - A UFO over Avebury?
- 54 United States of Amnesia - How the fourth estate handled the attacks
32 JFK - Case Closed (Cover Story)
Forty years on, who really ordered the fatal shooting of the USA's 35th President? Robin Ramsay reveals all.
40 Trots in Space
The surprising tale of flying saucers on the left. Matt Salusbury looks at the Trotskyite leader who wanted to contact the aliens.
46 Notes from the Underground
Conspiracy theorists talk up their favourite plots amid the usual accusations. Kenn Thomas follows the paranoia trail round the convention circuit.
53 Temporal Tall Tales - Time travel hoaxes.
54 United States of Amnesia - 9/11: Unanswered questions and media silence.
56 Sink the Spook Ship! - How a US/Israeli incident nearly ignited WWIII.
38 Fortean Bureau of Investigation - No 54. The Cannock croc - Hot on the trail of the Cannock Crocodile.
76 Fortean Traveller - No 26. The Tattoo Festival at Wat Bang Phra, Thailand - Thailand's festival of magical tattoos.
Irish cat flap, Brazilian foam flood, auto-cannibalism, insects inside their insides, the luckiest men alive, death of killer catfish, monster sightings and much more...
- 05 Extra Extra
- 14 Science
- 16 Classical Corner
- 17 The Heirophant
- 17 Konspiracy Korner
- 18 For all the Saints
- 20 UFOlogy
- 22 Medical Bag
- 26 Alien Zoo
- 30 Mythconceptions
- 31 Strange Deaths
- 02 Parapolitics, paranoia and Posadistas
- 59 Books
- 64 Film & DVD
- 66 Games
It Happened to Me
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
Coming Next Month
- 30 years of Fortean Times - We celebrate three decades of high strangeness with a special birthday issue looking back at the weird and wonderful history of Fortean Times and featuring the very best from our 30-year archive of oddities.
- Fortean Times Issue 177 on sale 18 Oct 2003
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Junior Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Picture Researcher - Winnie Liesenfeld
- Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Contributing Editor - Ian Simmons
- Contributing Editor - Joe McNally
- Contributing Editor - Mark Pilkington
- Website - Alistair Strachan
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson