- 1 Fortean Times #174 (September 2003)
- 2 Features
- 3 Forum
- 4 Reports
- 5 Strange Days
- 6 Regulars
- 7 Reader Info
- 8 Masthead
Fortean Times #174 (September 2003)
- A better quality of scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 26 Jul 2003
- Cover price: £3.20
- US Edition is dated October 2003 with a cover price of $7.25 USA (CAN $7.50)
- Cover: Alex Tomlinson
- 06 Lights in the Sky - The Aurora Gallery
- 48 Ooze Yer Daddy? - The scientist and the slime
- 76 Jack's Back! - British folk customs revived
38 Death Ray Matthews (Cover Story)
David Clarke & Andy Roberts recall the curious life of British inventor Harry Grindell Matthews, some of whose creations may have been closer to science fiction than science fact.
32 Project Atlantis
Eric Andys reveals her part in an abortive experiment to enable remote viewers to communicate with whales and dolphins.
48 I'm the Slime
Sarah Bakewell looks at one of the 19th century's most fascinating scientific controversies - the discovery of Bathybuis haeckilii.
55 Moha-Moha Revisited - Ulrich Magin revisits a crypto-classic.
56 I Was A Sonic Experiment - Mark Blacklock on an infrasonic evening.
57 Expanded Albion: Visionary Landscapes - Noel Rooney looks at folk culture on film.
Virgin in the window, Cambodia's python boy, happy Buddhists, bad baboons, the McMinville UFO, mummy fungus, HAARP and more...
- 05 Extra Extra
- 13 Fortean Follow-ups
- 14 Science
- 16 Classical Corner
- 17 The Heirophant
- 17 Konspiracy Korner
- 19 For all the Saints
- 22 UFOlogy
- 24 Medical Bag
- 28 Alien Zoo
- 30 Mythconceptions
- 31 Strange Deaths
- 02 At the fringes of science
- 59 Books
- 64 Film & DVD
- 66 Games
It Happened to Me
Tales from the Vault
Coming Next Month
- Schauberger's Error - The Nazi flying saucer myth
- Himmler's Crusade - The 1938 German expedition to Tibet
- The Fuhrer's Grail - Hitler and the Spear of Destiny
- Fortean Times Issue 175 on sale 23 Aug 2003
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Picture Research - Owen Whiteoak
- Reviews Editor/Chief Sub - Val Stevenson
- Contributing Editor - Ian Simmons
- Contributing Editor - Joe McNally
- Contributing Editor - Mark Pilkington
- Website - Alistair Strachan
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson