Fortean Times #379 (May 2019)
- Release date: 25 Apr 2019
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Photo: Bortn66/123RF.
- Final Image Composition: Etienne Gilfillan
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 18 The ghost of Pablo Escobar
- 30 The tourist attraction at the end of the world
- 38 British dystopian television of the Seventies and Eighties
- 56 The almasty fingernail mystery
30 Bunker Mentality (cover story)
Dark Tourist He Sawyer visits Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker to recapture the Cold War paranoia of his 1980s youth and to speak with owner Mike Parrish - a man who cheerfully promotes the reality of an English Country Armageddon to visitors from all over the world...
38 Protect and Survive
Andy Paciorek explores some of the strands of small-screen fear that shaped British television's 1980s obsession with nuclear Armageddon and post-apocalyptic survival.
44 Raising Children: Part Two
Bob Rickard concludes his survey of tales concerning the levitation and teleportation of children, examining the links between such supernatural 'transportations' and outbreaks of poltergeist phenomena, which are so often reported to be centered on young people.
37 The Haunted Generation - Hauntological happenings Bob Fischer
54 Building a Fortean Library - The Coming of the Fairies The Hierophant's Apprentice
55 Return of the Caspian Tiger by Richard Freeman
56 The almasty fingernail mystery by Ulrich Magin
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: Wisconsin's winged witches, goblins panic, bipedal cats, weird skies and more...
- 14 Archæology
- 16 Strange Continent
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 22 Alien Zoo
- 25 Mythconceptions
- 28 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 61 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths