Fortean Times #249 (June 2009)
- A slightly larger scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 30 Apr 2009
- Cover price: £4.25
- US Edition is dated July 2009 with a cover price of $11.99 USA (CAN $13.25, AUS $12.95, NZ $16.90)
- Cover: David Newton
- 38 John Michell: A Modern Merlin - A 40th anniversary tribute to the author of visionary classic The View Over Atlantis
- 30 Ouija Madness - How a harmless game drove a small California town over the edge
- 50 A Love Affair With Numbers - Bligh Bond's mystical approach to secret cyphers
- 26 Howard Menger Remembered - An early flying saucer contactee
30 Ouija Madness (Cover Story)
Robert Damon Schneck looks back at a bizarre case in which the American ouija board craze turned into a mounting tide of Ouijamania - one that seemed to threaten the very sanity of the inhabitant of El Cerrito, California.
38 John Michell: A Modern Merlin
If any one book put 'ley lines' on the map, re-enchanted the British landscape and made Glastonbury the capital of the New Age, it was John Michell's seminal 1969 tome The View Over Atlantis. On the 40th anniversary of its publication, we celebrate the life and work of its author - a scholar, a visionary and the man who has been called "Britain's unofficial Merlin". Bob Rickard, Gary Lachman, John Nicholson, Patrick Harpur, Alan Brown and Steve Marshall offer personal tributes to the man and his achievements.
50 A Love Affair With Numbers
Although he will forever be associated with Glastonbury Abbey, there's more to Frederick Bligh Bond than messages from ghostly monks. In fact, says, Tim Hopkinson-Ball, a love affair with numbers of their mystical properties was the guiding passion of Bond's life and work.
57 Dictionary of the Damned - No 27. Ghosts and hauntings, Part 3
Vatican archivist claims that the Knights Templar hid the Turin Shroud; the bullets that met in mid-air; Continental cricket; Atlantis found - yet again; horses facing challenges; the couple who kidnapped their grandchildren to protect them from satanic ritual abuse; growing giant vegetables the Wilhelm Reich way - and much more.
- 14 Science
- 16 Alien Zoo
- 18 Archaeology
- 19 Classical Corner
- 22 Ghostwatch
- 26 Necrolog
- 27 Strange Deaths
- 28 The UFO Files
Back Issues CD-Rom
It Happened to Me
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Staff Writer/Picture Researcher - Jen Ogilvie
- Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Design Assistant - Sophie Chery
- Web Editor - Jen Ogilvie
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson