- 1 Fortean Times #245 (February 2009)
- 2 Features
- 3 Forum
- 4 Reports
- 5 Strange Days
- 6 Regulars
- 7 Reader Info
- 8 Masthead
Fortean Times #245 (February 2009)
- A slightly larger scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 08 Jan 2009
- Cover price: £4.25
- US Edition is dated March 2009 with a cover price of $11.99 USA (CAN $13.25, AUS $12.95, NZ $16.90)
- Cover: Etienne Gilfillan and Danielle Vallee
- 30 The Dyatlov Pass Incident - Nine Soviet skiers were killed in a remote region by "an unknown force"
- 38 Night People - The exotic and mysterious world of the sleepwalker
- 44 The Van Meter Monsters - Flying creatures in the USA
- 76 Ghosts of the GDR - A visit to the haunting underbelly of East Berlin
- 46 The Gabriel Feather - Sacred relic or rare plume?
30 The Dyatlov Pass Incident (Cover Story)
Fifty years ago this February, nine young Russian skiers set out on a doomed expedition to the Ural Mountains that ended in their mysterious deaths due to "an unknown force". Svetlund Osadchuk and Kevin O'Flynn investigate a chilling case that remains unsolved.
38 Night People
In the 18th and 19th centuries, sleepwalkers often seemed to possess supernatural or visionary powers and were seen as but a short step away from the spirit world. Antonio Melechi looks back to the golden age of somnambulism.
46 The Gabriel Feather
A footnote in a 19th-century reference book prompted Dr Karl Shuker to begin an investigation into a hitherto obscure but fascinating subject: an elusive holy relic said to be a feather from the wing of the Archangel Gabriel...
55 Goodbye to all that by John Rimmer
56 The tallest story ever told? by Guy Lyon Playfair
36 Fortean Bureau of Investigation - No 96. Mass Monster Mash by Nick Redfern
44 Blasts from the Past - No 6. The Van Meter Monsters & others by Theo Paijmans
50 Dictionary of the Damned - No 25. Ghosts and hauntings, Part 1
Where have all the acorns gone? Japanese knotweed invades; fish tableaux; new natural resources; the cat saviours; virtual reality encroaches on marriage, divorce - and also on crime; Mother Nature deceives the eye; the family who fooled all the art experts - and much more.
- 14 Science
- 16 Alien Zoo
- 18 Archaeology
- 19 Classical Corner
- 20 Fortean Follow-ups
- 26 Ghostwatch
- 27 Strange Deaths
- 28 The UFO Files
Back Issues CD-Rom
FT Book Offer
It Happened to Me
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Staff Writer/Picture Researcher - Jen Ogilvie
- Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Design Assistant - Sophie Chery
- Web Editor - Jen Ogilvie
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson