Fortean Times #244 (January 2009)
- A slightly larger scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 11 Dec 2008
- Cover price: £4.25
- US Edition is dated February 2009 with a cover price of $11.99 USA (CAN $13.25, AUS $12.95, NZ $16.90)
- Cover: Steven Wilson
- 42 Winged Cat Gallery - A fortean searches for the story behind some fascinating photos
- 58 Talbot's Victorian Lowbrow - Oregon's mistress of American Gothic
- 36 UnConvention 2008 - A report from the weekend of the weird
- 16 Just Seeing Things? - Ghosts rarely appear to TV watchers
- 46 The Dawkins Delusion - Religion's vocal critic analysed
30 Mothership Connections (Cover Story)
What happened when rock and roll discovered flying saucers? Ian Simmons explores the relationship between the UFO phenomenon, extraterrestrial mythologies and modern music.
42 Winged Cat Gallery
Dr Karl Shuker describes his long search for an obscure set of pictures of a very rare creature, and the curious circumstances whereby some previously unknown photographs came to light.
46 The Dawkins Delusion
Peter Brookesmith weighs in with a festive contribution to an old controversy, and accuses Professor Richard Dawkins of arrogance, confusion, misrepresentation and a number of other deadly sins in the name of science.
52 Out of the Well...
In a special, feature-length edition of It Happened to Me, Jon Downes reports on some spooky goings-on in deepest Devon that are just a bit too close for comfort - a possible poltergeist at his local pub!
57 No solace in a quantum by Ian James Kidd
58 Talbot's Victorian Lowbrow by Claudia Andrei
60 Santa Claus family tree by Jeffrey Vallance
36 UnCon 2008 by Gail-Nina Anderson
40 Blasts from the Past - No 5. A pair of unlikely pets by Peter Hassall
Monks make mayhem at Holy Sepulchre; smallest men in the world; a new Near-Death Experience study; ancient discs' authenticity doubted; madcap memorials; palace guard catch naked swimmer; burglar's secret agent claim; snake invaders; old dogs, new dogs, canine saviours and even a miraculous healing pup - and much more.
- 14 ABC Diary
- 16 Ghostwatch
- 20 Archaeology
- 21 Classical Corner
- 24 Konspiracy Korner
- 27 Strange Deaths
- 28 The UFO Files
Back Issues CD-Rom
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Staff Writer/Picture Researcher - Jen Ogilvie
- Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Design Assistant - Sophie Chery
- Web Editor - Jen Ogilvie
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson