Fortean Times #382 (Aug 2019)
- Release date: 18 Jul 2019
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Image: Silvio Lorentini/www.instagram.com/hoiabacuiforest
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 18 Radiant Boys and other ghosts
- 24 Iceland's monster museum
- 38 A Miscellany of Merseyside Mysteries
- 44 The controversial science of earthquake lights
32 Hoia Baciu: Romania's Haunted Forest (cover story)
Chris Hill gets his teeth sorted out by a Transylvanian dentist and then heads into the forest of Hoia Baciu, where strangely contorted trees, UFOs and 'time tunnels' are proving a draw for paranormal tourism...
38 A Miscellany of Merseyside Mysteries
Everyone in Merseyside seems to have at least one strange story to tell - and the often tell them to Rob Gandy, who returns to FT with another armful of anomalous accounts, this time including phantom planes, time-sleps and a ghostly ARP warden.
44 Shake, Rattle and Glow
Anomalous luminous phenomena associated with seismic stresses, known as earthquake lights, are still not accepted as legitimate observations by modern seismologists. Will this fortean subject soon be explicable and its many witnesses vindicated? Sharon A Hill surveys the field of EQL research.
50 Strange Statesmen - Doomsday delayed SD Tucker
56 Building a Fortean Library - Hunting Monsters The Hierophant's Apprentice
53 The Saarbrüken "UFO" of 1826 by Ulrich Magin
54 A Roman caracal in Norfolk by Matt Salusbury
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: criminal parrots, wilderness survivors, illness-sniffing pets and ghost apples...
- 13 Science
- 14 Archaeology
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 24 Alien Zoo
- 27 Mythconceptions
- 30 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 59 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths