Fortean Times #227 (September 2007)
- A slightly larger scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 23 Aug 2007
- Cover price: £3.99
- US Edition is dated October 2007 with a cover price of $11.25 USA (CAN $12.95)
- 32 Britain's War of the Worlds - We revisit an era of high UFO activity and uncover the flying saucer invasion of 1967
- 42 A Saucerful of Secrets - UFOs and the Summer of Love
- 48 The Wizard and The Voice - A bizarre 18th-century poltergeist case
- 24 Dial M for Mistake - When not to call in the emergency services
- 58 Minneapolis Bridge Collapse - Tragedy revives Mothman memories
32 Invasion 1967 (Cover Story)
What would we do if aliens landed? Forty years ago, Britain found out, when a rash of flying saucer landings stunned the nation. Fittingly, Britain's own War of the Worlds would begin in HG Well's birthplace... John Keeling tells the forgotten story of that fateful day.
42 A Saucerful of Secrets
Step back to the heady days of 1967 as Andy Roberts explains how the Summer of Love in Britain was in part shaped by the hippie movement's fascination with flying saucers.
48 Holy Geist!
In 18th-century Virgina, there was a recorded a curious case involving a variety of poltergeis phenomona and a disembodied voice delivering religious messages. Robert Damon Schneck ask whether God, the Devil or something else was behind this series of strange incidents.
54 UFOs and Hollywood, Pt 4: 1990-2007
Robbie Graham concludes his series on Hollywood and its relationship with the UFO phenomenon.
57 Beastly nationalism by Michael Mehr
58 Mothman and the Corn God by Loren Coleman
30 Britian's X-Files - No 11. The Phantom Flyer by David Clarke
Animals ease the way for dying patients; Indian manimal returns; Princess "talks to angels"; criminal klutzes; the Full Moon effect; interspecies crossbreeds; the world's tallest log cabin; Chinese emperor's tomb has a secret chamber; false alarm calls; religious riddles - and much more.
- 14 Science
- 17 Mythconceptions
- 18 Konspiracy Korner
- 20 ABC Diary
- 22 Archaeology
- 23 Classical Corner
- 26 Alien Zoo
- 28 Necrolog
- 29 Strange Deaths
Back Issues CD-Rom
It Happened to Me
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Staff Writer/Picture Researcher - Jen Ogilvie
- Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Design Assistant - Sophie Chery
- Website - Alistair Strachan
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson