Fortean Times #383 (Sep 2019)
- Release date: 15 Aug 2019
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Composition: Etienne Gilfillan
- Jack Kirby: (c)1971-2018 DC Comics. All Rights Reserved
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- 6 Dead around the world: the art of the post-mortem selfie
- 24 The genius of Jack Kirby
- 44 The singing human headline
- 58 'Chicho' Ibáñez Serrador: the man who kept Spain awake
34 The Devil's Business (cover story)
On the 50th anniversary of the Tate/LaBianca murders, James Riley looks back at Charles Manson and his 'Family', the 'cult of the occult' and the end of the Sixties.
42 Inside the Satanic Temple
With the release of the film Hail Satan? we despatched FT's resident vicar, Peter Laws, to talk to the co-founder and spokesperson fo the Satanic Temple, Lucien Greaves.
44 Red River Dale
David Thrussel explores the forgotten songbook of Dave McEnergy, whose fortean subjects - including the Manson Family murders - were ripped straight from the headlines of the day.
48 Gambling on the Unbelievable
Retired bookmaker Graham Sharpe shares the wackiest wagers of his long careet, from bets on Nessie to odds on UFOs.
24 The Once and Future King - Celebrating Jack Kirby Paul Gravett
52 Strange Statesmen - Boris Johnson and the Euro-Mythconception SD Tucker
57 The Flypaper Murder by Rob Gandy
58 The man who kept Spain awake by Maria J Perez Cuervo
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: frozen stowaways, aural hallucinations, miraculous dove, super-oldies and more...
- 16 Archaeology
- 20 Ghostwatch
- 25 Alien Zoo
- 23 Mythconceptions
- 26 Medical Bag
- 26 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 63 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths