Fortean Times #187 (September 2004)
- A better quality of scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 23 Jul 2004
- Cover price: £3.40
- US Edition is dated October 2004 with a cover price of $9.50 USA (CAN $7.50)
- Cover: Alex Severin/Corbis
- 34 The Sky Beast - Fear and loathing in Glastonbury
- 14 Burnt Offerings - Spontaneous human combustion defined
- 06 Roadrunner! - How a big bird made a bid for freedom
- 58 Light My Fire - The dark origins of the Olympic Games
30 The Gargoyle of Glastonbury (Cover Story)
Nick Redfern joined Jon Downes and Richard Feeman for a monster hunt. In Glastonbury, they found more than they'd bargained for.
44 The Mothman Death List
Curses have been associated with movies. Loren Coleman investigates the long list of deaths linked to the Mothman story.
50 The Childe of Hal
Stories of giants from around the world are many and varied. John Reppion tells the tale of John Middleton, the nine-foot-three giant from Merseyside.
36 Fortean Bureau of Investigation - No 60. FortNite 2004. A visit to FortFest, the annual Spring conference, this year taking place in Baltimore.
39 Dictionary of the Damned - No 2. Spontaneous Human Combustion
55 Big Bang is Not So Steady - Cosmology's most fundamental theory may be at risk.
56 The Not So Silly Bili Ape - A look at the mystery ape with both chimpanzee and gorilla characteristics.
58 Most Dangerous Games - The dark origins of the Olympics.
'Alien' photographed, strange falls, fire in the flesh, a WWII US pilot reborn, ghost photographs, criminal follies, Romanian vampire slayers - and much more.
- 05 Extra Extra
- 14 Foolish Felons!
- 15 Archaeology
- 16 Science
- 18 Classical Corner
- 19 The Heirophant
- 19 Konspiracy Korner
- 20 Alien Zoo
- 23 Necrolog
- 24 UFOlogy
- 28 Mythconceptions
- 29 Strange Deaths
It Happened to Me
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Junior Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Picture Researcher - Winnie Liesenfeld
- Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Contributing Editor - Ian Simmons
- Contributing Editor - Joe McNally
- Contributing Editor - Mark Pilkington
- Website - Alistair Strachan
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson