Fortean Times #397 (October 2020)
- Release date: 10 Sep 2020
- Cover price: £4.60
- Cover Image: EG/Thanks to Arran Brown
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 12 Berlin's wildlife crimewave
- 25 Metal drummer goes to Hell
- 42 The weird world of Charles Waterton
- 76 The spectral horse of Dirleton and other East Lothian hauntings
36 Solving the Risley Silver Man Mystery (cover story)
Glen Vaudrey reopens the file on one of the most baffling close encounters of the 1970s, when a witness reported seeing a seven-foot-tall 'silver man' walking through a fence at a secret British nuclear reactor site - but was this an alien invasion or something else?
42 The Weird World of Charles Waterton
Susan Marsh tells the story of eccentric explorer and naturalist Charles Waterton, whose curious career embraced both a pioneering concern with conservation and an obsession with creating hybrid creatures through his own unique form of taxidermy.
50 Lives of the Great Occultists
Kevin Jackson & Hunt Emerson have celebrated many key figures in the history of the occult in the pages of FT. Here they look back on a 10-year journey through the humorous side of the Hermetic Tradition...
32 Blasts from the Past - The Terrible Grinning Men Theo Paijmans
76 Peculiar Postcards - Curiosities of East Lothian Jan Bondeson
55 Covid Mary by Ted Harrison
56 Amityville: Fact, fiction or fake? by John Fraser
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: Nudist vs boar, child catcher panic, ghostly cricketers, glacier turns pink and more...
- 14 Archaeology
- 17 The Conspirasphere
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 23 Mythconceptions
- 26 Strange Continent
- 30 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 59 Reviews
- 69 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths