Fortean Times #387 (Chr 2019)
- Release date: 5 Dec 2019
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Image: The Signalman from Ghost Stories: Classic Adaptations from the BBC Volume Four (BFI DVD). Courtesy BFI & BBC
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 20 The ghost of Thomas Becket
- 34 The golden age of BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas
- 40 Mummer's the word!
- 58 In search of the Cheshire cat
34 A Ghost Story for Christmas(cover story)
Edward Parnell recalls a tradition of seasonal scares as he travels back to the 1970s and a golden age of television ghost stories produced by the BBC from the works of MR James and Charles Dickens - a tradition being revived this Christmas...
40 Keeping Mumm
Lisa Gledhill meets the mysterious men behind a curious Christmas custom that still persists in puds and streets up and down the country every Boxing Day
44 The Bishop's Torpedo Revisited
A century after Charles Fort presented one of his "most remarkable" cases in The Book of the Damned, Martin Shough and Wim Van Utrecht attempt to solve the mystery of the Bishop's Torpedo, a strange, fiery object that exploded over Burlington, Vermont, in 1907.
28 Rendlesham Revisited - Colonel Halt Returns to Woodbridge Matt Salusbury
52 Strange Statesmen - Returning Japanese SD Tucker
57 Zombies, vampires, killer clowns by Tea Krulos
58 A grin without a cat by Rob Gandy
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: Russian Napoleon kills girlfriend, devil's fingers, super-strength, and much more...
- 14 Science
- 16 Archaeology
- 20 Ghostwatch
- 25 Mythconceptions
- 31 Fairies and Folklore
- 32 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 61 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths