Fortean Times #385 (Nov 2019)
- Release date: 10 Oct 2019
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Image: Courtesy Usborne Publishing
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 6 Giants in the land: Cerne Abbas sex symbol gets a make-over
- 16 Long-lost Lewis Chessman
- 25 The DNA of Loch Ness
- 38 The House on the Borderland: In search of William Hope Hodgson
32 Where Ghosts Gather (cover story)
In 1977, Usborne published World of the Unknown: Ghosts, the children's book that inspired a generation of junior forteans. Four decades on, the book is back in print... and Bob Fischer tracked down its pleasantly surprised writer, Chris Maynard.
38 The House on the Borderland
In search of the 'sequestered places' of the Brisith Isles, Edward Parnell arrives in Cardiganshire to look for the house in which the neglected master of weird fiction William Hope Hodgson wrote one of his greatest works.
44 The Chase Vault Mystery Revisited
The moving coffins of Barbados have been a staple subject of books on the unexplained for over a century, and yet no one has so far provided a satisfactory solution to the spooky mystery. Ben Radford thinks we've been looking in the wrong place...
54 Building a Fortean Library - The Philadelphia Experiment The Hierophant's Apprentice
74 Fortean Traveller - Rothenburg's Mediaeval Crime Museum Steve Toase
55 Turn to Paragraph 400 by Ryan Shirlow
56 A bang on the head by Mark Greener
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: faceless phantoms, Malaysian mass hysteria, Trump versus weather and more...
- 14 Science
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 24 Alien Zoo
- 26 Strange Continent
- 28 Necrolog
- 30 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 57 Reviews
- 69 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths