Fortean Times #376 (Feb 2019)
- Release date: 31 Jan 2019
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Photos: Oli Scarff/AFP/Getty Images & Barbara Cook/Alamy Live News
- Hyperpedestrianism Image Courtesy Jan Bondeson
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 42 African unicorn mystery
- 53 Shakespeare and the supernatural: believers and sceptics
- 54 Yukio Mishima's UFOs
- 76 The Marsden Imbolc Fire Festival
76 The Imbolc Fire Festival (cover story)
Rob Gandy heads to the West Yorkshire village of Marsden, where the cold and darkness of February are banished by the blazing fires of the goddess Brigid.
30 The Cosmic Joker
Peter McCue explores the 'theatre of the paranormal' and asks if a master trickster is working behind the scenes.
36 Walking Around the World
Jan Bondeson presents an illustrated selection of some of history's oddest globe-trotters and their often doomed journeys.
42 The Case of the Decapitated Unicorn
What was the identity of the mystery beast killed in South Africa and sent back to England in 1821? Another cryptozoological conundrum resurrected and resolved by Karl Shuker.
48 Strange Statesmen - Turkey in Tinfoil SD Tucker
56 Building a Fortean Library - Ratshit Patrol The Hierophant's Apprentice
53 More things in Heaven and Earth by Andrew May
54 Yukio Mishima's UFOs by Brett Taylor
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: wonderful wombat turds, devoted dogs, lunar ghosts, UFOs over Coronation Street.
- 12 Science
- 14 Archæology
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 22 Alien Zoo
- 23 Mythconceptions
- 28 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 59 Reviews
- 66 Sounds Peculiar
- 71 Letters
- 79 Reader Info
- 80 Strange Deaths