Fortean Times #367 (Jun 2018)
- Release date: 24 May 2018
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Design: Etienne Gilfillan
- Vincent Price: Photo 12/Alamy Stock Photo
- Forest Scene: Alexander Kirch/Eyeem/Getty Images
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 4 Attack of the Oily Man
- 16 Mystery mists and fogs
- 32 The Witchfinder General on stage and screen
- 56 The Ultimate Trip: Kubrick's 2001 at 50
32 The Drama of Witchfinding (cover story)
Michael Reeve's 1968 film Witchfinder General is a unique and disturbing work in the history of British cinema. Malcolm Gaskill tells the story behind the film and traces its lasting impact on the treatment of witch-hunting on stage and screen.
40 "Every Old Woman Pronounced A Witch"
Even at the height of the witch mania that terrorised Europe in the 16th and 17th centuries, some dissenting voices spoke out. Matt Salusbury looks at the witchcraft sceptics who began to change the way the Establishment viewed the supernatural.
46 Transportation by an Invisible Power 2
Bob Rickard concludes his survey of early British and Irish accounts of levitation and other forms of supernatural transportation. Here, he examines cases that include accusations of witchcraft and possession-like phenomena.
52 Strange Statesmen - Taxing Credulity: Gabriel Green SD Tucker
58 Building a Fortean Library - Von Däniken and his critics The Hierophant's Apprentice
56 Fifty years beyond the infinite by Nigel Watson
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: Oily Man attacks, Tower ravens, tiger tales, alien dumpling and much more...
- 14 Archæology
- 15 Classical Corner
- 16 Ghostwatch
- 23 Alien Zoo
- 25 Mythconceptions
- 26 Science
- 28 Necrolog
- 30 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 61 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths