Fortean Times #357 (Sep 2017)
- Release date: 17 Aug 2017
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Image: Hunt Emerson/Keystone/Getty Images
- Whitby Abbey: Oli Scarff/AFP/Getty Images
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 22 Waiting for the return of Indias' frozen guru
- 32 Fourier's sexy Solar System
- 38 Arthur Machen's Whitby: Town of a Magic Dream
- 55 Prophet of the Kraken
32 Socialism, Sex and the Solar System
SD Tucker explores the bizarre coital cosmology of Charles Fourier, the French thinker who claimed that Venus had a penis and that bad interplanetary sex was responsible for capitalism.
38 Whitby: Town of a Magic Dream
Whitby is the location for a new film based on the haunting stories of Arthur Machen. Carolyn Waudby explores the weird credentials of the town where Dracula first arrived in England...
44 Robert Boyle & The Invisible College
Bob Rickard explores the connected world of Britain's 17th century proto-forteans in the era before the Royal Society turned its back on the study of strange phenomena.
52 Building a Fortean Library - The Paranoid Style in American Politics The Hierophant's Apprentice
55 Prophet of the Kraken by Richard Freeman
56 Fiction's first cryptozoologist by Peter Costello
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: food falls, suicidal robot, African poltergeist, UFOs over the playground and more...
- 05 The Conspirasphere
- 14 Archæology
- 15 Classical Corner
- 16 Britain's X-Files
- 19 Alien Zoo
- 21 Mythconceptions
- 02 Editorial
- 59 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 77 It Happened to Me
- 79 Reader Info
- 80 Strange Deaths