Fortean Times #355 (Jul 2017)
- Release date: 22 Jun 2017
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Image: Alexander Tomlinson
- Kenneth Arnold: Mary Evans Picture Library/Alamy Stock Photos
- All header icons throughout the magazine by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 6 Holy bones head east: St Nicholas's relics in Russia
- 8 India's opium-raiding parrots
- 32 Conspiracy Central: The life and lies of Fred Lee Crisman
- 40 Pulp SF and forteana
32 Conspiracy Central (cover story)
Flying saucers, the Hollow Earth, the assassination of JFK and Watergate: one man connects them all. Brian J Robb explores the bizarre world of 'conspiracy nexus point' Fred Lee Crisman.
40 Astounding Science, Amazing Theories!
Ray Palmer and John W Campbell had very different approaches to publishing science fiction, but both were drawn to forteana and fringe science, as Andrew May explains.
46 Was It A Bird? Was It A Plane?
Seventy years after pilot Kenneth Arnold's seminal June 1947 saucer sighting, Nigel Watson asks whether a top secret test flight might have been responsible for the birth of the UFO age.
30 Blasts from the Past - The Vanishing of Gertrude Strassburger Theo Paijmans
50 Building a Fortean Library - Bare-Faced Messiah The Hierophant's Apprentice
55 The siren song of the sea serpent by Theo Paijmans
56 Death and the borders of experience by Jenny Randles
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: Fatima children canonised, Britain's unluckiest men, cowpat combat and more...
- 05 The Conspirasphere
- 14 Science
- 16 Archæology
- 17 Classical Corner
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 23 Mythconceptions
- 25 Alien Zoo
- 28 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 59 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths