Fortean Times #353 (May 2017)
- Release date: 27 Apr 2017
- Cover price: £4.50
- Cover Image: Photo-Illustration by Etienne Gilfillan
- Crows: Kevin Winter/Getty Images
- Mongoose: Tony Hisgett/Creative Commons
- All header icons throughout the magazine illustrated by Capucine Deslouis
- Digital editions: Official App on Google, Apple --- Zinio (268+) --- Magzter (283+)
- 10 Welcome to the fog dome
- 30 The spectral bird of Lincoln's Inn
- 44 Ufology and US politics in Paul Cornell's new comic series
- 56 Premature geniuses and gods
30 A Winged Malevolence (cover story)
Nina Antonia goes in search of a spectral entity with a deadly reputation - the 'Bird of Lincoln's Inn'.
34 Mongooses of the Empire
Christopher Josiffe sheds new light on a classic case and reveals the strange Manx origins of Gef the Talking Mongoose.
40 Saucer State
Paul Cornell explains how his latest comic grew out of a lifelong love of Fortean Times and a childhood UFO obsession.
44 The Ghost of Eliza Grimwood
Jan Bondeson attempts to solve a bloody Victorian murder mystery that gave birth to a haunted house legend.
48 Strange Statesmen - No 49. Jammeh the Nut SD Tucker
52 Building a Fortean Library - No 49. A New Science of Life The Hierophant's Apprentice
55 Jedaism's lycanthropic theologians by Ian Simmons
56 Premature babies, geniuses and gods by Ed Dutton
A digest of the worldwide weird, including: devoted dogs, weird clouds, miraculous plummets and Putin's weaponised squid...
- 05 The Conspirasphere
- 14 Science
- 16 Archæology
- 17 Classical Corner
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 23 Mythconceptions
- 25 Alien Zoo
- 28 The UFO Files
- 02 Editorial
- 59 Reviews
- 73 Letters
- 78 Reader Info
- 79 Phenomenomix
- 80 Strange Deaths