Fortean Times #298 (March 2013)
- Release date: 31 Jan 2013
- Cover price: £4.25
- US Edition is dated April 2013 with a cover price of $11.99 USA (CAN $13.25, AUS $12.95, NZ $17.30)
- Cover: Alex Tomlinson
- Zinio version
- 42 Cemetery Dogs - Greyfriars Bobby wasn't the only canine to keep a celebrated graveside vigil
- 18 Spooks and Ale - Why British ghosts prefer beer to spirits
- 26 Sir Patrick and the Saucers - The late astronomer's own UFO hoax
- 72 The Enigma of Catalhoyuk - Lost civilisations and the last Ice Age
- 76 The Scottish Giant - The larger than life William Campbell
30 Snowman's Land (Cover Story)
For many years, research into Russia's hariy homidis was frowned upon by the Soviet authorities, but now all that has changed, as Edward Crabtree reports from the Russian Federation, where a new appetite for the unexplained has seen the yeti's rehabilitation.
35 Watching the Fur Fly
Are reports of Siberian Snowmen all that they seem, asks veteran Bigfooter Loren Coleman - and what should we make of recent claims of giant footprints, Yeti hairs and DNA sequencing coming out of Russia?
36 The Wild Dog of Ennerdale
In 1810, something deadly arrived in the Lake District and started killing sheep in a gruesome fashion. Crispin Andrews suggests that the fells were being stalked by a creature that was hungry and a long way from home...
42 Cemetery Dogs
Greyfriars Bobby was by no means the only canine with a reputation for keeping vigil at his dead master's grave. Jan Bondeson looks at the forgotten career of Medor, the Dog of the Louvre, and other cemetery dogs.
28 Blasts from the Past - No 43. Was Bigfoot an ancient Lemurian? by Ulrich Magin
76 Stories from the Illustrated Police News - No 19. The Scottish Giant by Jan Bondeson
51 The end of a fishy tale by Alison and Gordon Rutter
52 The Imaginal College by Simon Wilson
The woman who had sex with skeletons; Siberian fishing trip ends in cannibalism; the people who remember everything; phantom hitchhikers; Ritual Abuse in Cornwall; the Bigfoot of Tunbridge Wells - and much more.
- 14 Science
- 17 Mythconceptions
- 18 Ghostwatch
- 22 Archaeology
- 23 Classical Corner
- 24 Necrolog
- 25 Strange Deaths
- 26 The UFO Files
- 79 Phenomenomix
Tales from the Vault
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Book Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson