Fortean Times #262 (May 2010)
- A slightly larger scan/photo of this issue's cover would be appreciated. If you happen to have access to such an image, please send it to scans at the domain ft dot gjovaag dot com with a subject of "Fortean Times Cover Scan". Thanks for your help.
- Release date: 29 Apr 2010
- Cover price: £4.25
- US Edition is dated June 2010 with a cover price of $11.99 USA (CAN $13.25, AUS $12.95, NZ $16.90)
- Cover: David Newton/Etienne Gilfillan
- 32 Body & Soul - The doctor who weighed the spirit as it left a dying patient's body
- 44 Whatever happened to Washington's Eagle? - Investigating a lost bird from Audubon's catalogue
- 77 Lunar companion - An FT reader's own experience
- 38 Reservoir Drugs - Who was putting LSD in the water supply?
- 48 From Indian Head to Ashland - Alien abductees supply vocal tracks
32 Body & Soul (Cover Story)
If there is such a thing as a human soul, does it possess some kind of substance? Could it possibly be weighed, measured or even photographed? Paul Chambers looks back at the remarkable experiments of Dr Duncan MacDougall and others.
38 Reservoir Drugs
Could powerful hallucinogens be used on unsuspecting citizens by intelligence agencies, the military or even psychedelic hippie terrorists? Andy Roberts explores the enduring myth of LSD in the water supply.
44 Whatever happened to Washington's Eagle?
Did the celebrated naturalist and artist John Audubon discover an unknown species of eagle? And if so, wonders Dr Karl Shuker, could this cryptic bird be of especial relevance to cryptozoology?
48 From Indian Head to Ashland
Dr David V Barrett talks to musician Suzanna Barbieri about her latest project - an album inspired by the Betty and Barney Hill abduction case on with the 'vocals' are provided by the Hills themselves...
30 Blasts from the Past - No 21. Mysterious vanishings by Theo Paijmans
36 Fortean Bureau of Investigation - No 103. Monsters of the Deep! by Darren Naish
52 Dictionary of the Damned - No 33. Extra-sensory perception: Part 1: Telepathy
57 If you go down to the Marsh by Tina Rath
58 Wild goose chase? by Alan Friswell
Chupacabra claims; ghosts sold in bottles; chickens kill a fox; pranks cause panics; raised from the dead; CIA dosed French town with LSD (maybe); fish rain in northern Australia - and much more.
- 14 Ghostwatch
- 15 Mythconceptions
- 16 Medical Bag
- 21 Konspiracy Korner
- 22 Archaeology
- 23 Classical Corner
- 25 Alien Zoo
- 26 Fortean Follow-ups
- 27 Strange Deaths
- 28 The UFO Files
Back Issues CD-Rom
It Happened to Me
- 79 Phenomenomix: Fludd on Bludd
Tales from the Vault
- Editor - David Sutton
- Founding Editor - Bob Rickard
- Founding Editor - Paul Sieveking
- Art Director - Etienne Gilfillan
- Sub Editor - Owen Whiteoak
- Staff Writer/Picture Researcher - Jen Ogilvie
- Book Reviews Editor - Val Stevenson
- Design Assistant - Spike
- Web Editor - Jen Ogilvie
- Resident Cartoonist - Hunt Emerson